Call for Applications
The Artists Alliance Mentoring Programme is now calling for applications from recent graduates based in the Bay of Plenty area. The aim of the programme is to provide a valuable opportunity for three emerging artists to focus on their career with the help of an experienced mentor. This pilot programme has been made possible with the generous support of Creative New Zealand.
Mentors will provide advice and guidance in the following ways:
- Providing advice about professional practice.
- By helping to develop the skills needed for effective networking and approaching curators in public institutions and dealers in private galleries.
- Assisting with the completion of applications for exhibition involvement.
- Giving an open dialogue and practical direction for discussing ideas.
- Giving mentees the confidence to pursue a career in the visual arts once they have left the supportive structure of the art school environment.
In addition to the twenty hours of guidance from each mentor, each mentee accepted onto the mentoring programme will receive a complimentary membership to Artists Alliance for the year.
Mentor Pool – Who is guiding the future of New Zealand Art?
The Artists Alliance Mentoring Programme has a large pool of mentors to draw on which means each accepted mentee will be appropriately matched with the best arts practitioner in terms of what the mentee wishes to achieve. The programme will take into consideration (but is not limited to): the medium they work in, the networks they are hoping to develop, and where they would like to situate themselves within the art world both in New Zealand and internationally.
- Those eligible to apply will need to be based in the Bay of Plenty area and have graduated from a New Zealand tertiary institution within the past five years.
- Applicants must not be partaking in any form of study.
- Applicants must be available to commit fully in both time and energy to the programme (Estimate of 15-20 hours per week towards their practice).
Email us for an application form otherwise you can collect one from the Artists Alliance office.
firstname.lastname@example.org, (09) 376 7285, 1b Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby Auckland.
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be completed in full and returned to the Artists Alliance office (details above) no later than July 24, 2015.
Interviews of a shortlist of candidates will take place in the week beginning August 3 in the Bay of Plenty area. Decisions will be made by August 10.
Artists Alliance is a not-for-profit organisation which receives funding from Foundation North, Auckland Council, Creative New Zealand and Pub Charity. The organisation also receives valuable income from their members and other stakeholders.